Curtis G. Kimble
The Utah HOA Law Blog was created by Curtis G. Kimble, an HOA attorney specializing in HOA and condominium law at Kimble Law PLLC. Curtis is the principal author of the blog where he writes and circulates legal insight and commentary on community association issues. He is an experienced attorney who has dedicated his practice to establishing and advising condominium and homeowners associations. He created CounselOurHOA.com and the Utah HOA Laws App, which are designed to assist and educate community association boards and property managers (the app is available in the App Store for iOS, at Google Play, and online). He also authored the Utah HOA Quick Read publication. He is an established business and real estate attorney who has developed a broad litigation and transactional practice.
Curtis graduated from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2002. Since 2006, he has focused on advising and assisting HOAs and their boards regarding the many laws, issues and litigation that affect community associations (HOAs, condominiums and planned developments). Curtis frequently writes publications to assist and educate community associations and their boards. He is a member of the Community Association Law section of the Utah State Bar.
Connect with Curtis: View Profile LinkedIn
Curtis has written and presented many publications and topics to assist those who manage and operate HOAs in Utah, including the following:
- An index of explained topics and other resources at CounselOurHOA.com.
- Primer for Board Members (A concise summary of the main topics all board members should have an understanding of). Drop me a line and include your address and we’ll mail you a copy.
- Can an HOA Board Draft their Own CC&Rs?
- 7 Signs Your HOA’s Governing Documents May Be Out of Date
- Open Meetings, What’s Required?
- Collecting Assessments: Remedies and Risks
- Association, Know Thyself
- How to Use Your HOA Attorney Effectively (HOA University Presentation)
- Operating Under the Radar But Above Board
- The One-Hour Board Meeting (HOA University Presentation)
- Common Area Maintenance Versus Capital Improvement (HOA University Presentation)
- Blog Postings
Office: 2290 E 4500 S, Suite 230, Salt Lake City, Utah 84117. Map
Phone Number: (801) 878-9361
To contact Curtis, click here
Get answers to your questions about the requirements or applicability of the law or your HOA’s governing documents. Fill out this form to have Mr. Kimble review and respond to your question(s):